wireless network adapter advanced

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Coz, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. Coz

    Coz Guest

    Coz, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Coz

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:00:16 +0100, Coz wrote:

    > which setting should i have mine on look at the advanced setting there is
    > three to choose from i connect to a wireless router so which one should mine
    > be on
    >
    > http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/edtech/presenter/doc/gscp_files/wireless_adhoc_advanced.jpg

    Connect to any access point or only to infrastructure. Either will work
    with an ifrastructure network provided that's what you have.

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Coz

    Coz Guest

    so which one mate the first one or the second one

    Coz, Apr 16, 2006
  4. Coz

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:19:09 +0100, Coz wrote:

    > so which one mate the first one or the second one

    I said either the first or second will do. However if you plan on
    connecting to infrastructure networks only, #2 is the choice.
    And aren't the selections just common sense? If you plan on fucking around
    with wireless you need to learn a bit more than the nothing you obviously
    know about them.

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Coz

    John Holmes Guest

    Coz blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > so which one mate the first one or the second one

    The first one. The ad hoc function is to connect 2 or more computers in a
    WLAN whithout an access point avalaible.

    --
    Your mother was a pale cleaner who drew all her self-esteem from vodka in
    soap factories.

    John Holmes, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Coz

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Coz

    Coz Guest

    so go for the first one yeh john holmes ?????? deffo????????

    Coz, Apr 16, 2006
  8. Coz

    John Holmes Guest

    Coz blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > so go for the first one yeh john holmes ?????? deffo????????

    deffo?

    --
    Your mother was a neurotic con artist who woke up after a night of drinking
    in a bag.

    John Holmes, Apr 16, 2006