    panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
    done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
    also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

    Caroline, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Hi
    It could be that the Wireless card is physically switched Off, or something
    happened to its drivers.
    Follow the process in this page it should help you to find the trouble.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html

    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 5, 2008

  3. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Thank you Jack, but the link doesn't work. Any suggestions?

    Caroline, Oct 5, 2008
  4. Caroline

    nass Guest

    "Caroline" wrote:

    > I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
    > connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
    > panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
    > done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
    > also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

    But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?

    Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
    Right Click and select properties.
    On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
    check boxes are checked:
    [ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
    [ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
    Click [Apply] the [OK]

    Right click Start Button and select properties.
    On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
    opposite :
    [ ] Hide inactive icons.
    here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Oct 5, 2008
  5. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
    visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
    cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks

    Caroline, Oct 5, 2008
  6. Caroline

    nass Guest

    What about going to Device manager and select your wireless Adapter there.

    Do you have another account you can log with and see if the issue will occur
    with this account?

    How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    What about if you switched the Wireless OFF and ON from the Switch on the
    Laptop, does it appear?.

    I would like to say Remove the Wireles adapter in Device manager then
    restart the Laptop and windows will install it for you.

    nass, Oct 5, 2008
  7. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    O.K. I guess the I have a major problem! Nothing shows in the device manager
    either, time to bring the laptop to the pros,,,,,,I guess.

    Caroline, Oct 5, 2008
  8. Caroline

    nass Guest

    I'm afraid yes but did you tried to create a new Profile per the instruction
    on the link I posted?

    Or System Restore to before this happen.

    nass, Oct 5, 2008
  9. Hi
    Sorry, there is a typo in the link, this is working,

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 5, 2008