    available to each other . How can I prevent the wireless user from accessing
    these shared Folders.

    Cheers Peter.

    Possum, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Possum

    Malke Guest

    Possum wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have two computers on my desktop network. They are net worked by cable
    > thru a Wireless Delink. I allow the person next door to use the internet
    > via the Dlink Wireless connection. I have made some folders on my
    > computers available to each other . How can I prevent the wireless user
    > from accessing these shared Folders.

    What operating system are you running? If XP, Home or Pro?

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Possum

    Possum Guest

    One computer is XP Professional the other computer is Home..

    Possum, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Hi

    First, make sure that you are not violating your ISP rules by allowing
    another household to share the Internet.

    Use the max. Wireless Security that is available on both systems so other
    people would not be able to get into your Network,

    Configure File sharing permissions,

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 18, 2006