    plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    working. I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    wireless. I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?
    Phoenixfif, Aug 13, 2008

  2. Phoenixfif

    Pavel A. Guest

    Phoenixfif wrote:
    > About ½ of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the
    > wireless network I get the message “No wireless networks were found in
    > rangeâ€. The rest of the time it finds several networks and connects to my
    > network with no trouble. At the times it is not working, all I have to do is
    > plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    > working. I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    > wireless. I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?

    Do you have Vista or XP? What adapter model? Never have seen this.

    --PA
    Pavel A., Aug 13, 2008

  3. Phoenixfif

    smlunatick Guest

    On Aug 13, 3:50 am, Phoenixfif <>
    wrote:
    > About ½ of the time that I boot up my notebook and try to connect to the
    > wireless network I get the message “No wireless networks were found in
    > range”.  The rest of the time it finds several networks and connects to my
    > network with no trouble.  At the times it is not working, all I have to do is
    > plug a CAT5 in an as soon as I have a wired connection the wireless starts
    > working.  I can then unplug the wired connection and continue with the
    > wireless.  I have never of this sort of problem before, as any one else?

    What Internet security software are you running? I know that Norton
    Internet Security, or 360, has an included firewall that you may have
    to mark the wireless network SSID as a "trusted" / "shared" network.
    smlunatick, Aug 14, 2008