    David Guest

    I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water
    David, Sep 1, 2004

  2. David

    billyw Guest

    just how near are we talking about?
    take it from me.. it dont work in the bath

    even if shania twain is there or not

    billyw, Sep 1, 2004

  3. David

    molsonexpert Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > just how near are we talking about?
    > take it from me.. it dont work in the bath
    >
    > even if shania twain is there or not
    >

    > "David" <> wrote in message
    > >I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    Nah, I'm pretty sure everything will work if Shania's there.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Sep 1, 2004
  4. In article <43ce01c49042$fab76220$>,
    says...

    > I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    Yes, every time I take my laptop into the bathtub, my wireless stops working.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 1, 2004
  5. David

    billyw Guest

    nope not wireless..
    but biy would i be wired

    billyw, Sep 1, 2004
  6. David

    TBone Guest

    "David" <> wrote
    > I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    I can still access my wireless AP in the cottage when I have my laptop out
    on the raft in the lake.
    TBone, Sep 1, 2004
  7. David

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in message

    <piggybacked due to plonked anonymii...sorry billy>

    > "David" <> wrote in message
    > >I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    I believe the problem is with the interaction between evaporating water
    molecules and the wireless signals. To rectify this, you must switch from
    802.11b technology to 802.11g, set your WAP to broadcast your SSID, which
    you will have to change to MORAN. If this does not work, you may want to
    consider getting out of the bathtub when downloading pr0n.

    I hope this helps.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    first initial last name AT gmail DOT com
    Ken Briscoe, Sep 1, 2004
  8. David

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, billyw climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > nope not wireless..
    > but biy would i be wired

    Are you loaded today? That must be it, you're already plastered!

    Bastard!

    JaR
    Jealous Thug
    JaR, Sep 1, 2004
  9. David

    Jtyc Guest

    > I believe the problem is with the interaction between evaporating water
    > molecules and the wireless signals. To rectify this, you must switch from
    > 802.11b technology to 802.11g, set your WAP to broadcast your SSID, which
    > you will have to change to MORAN. If this does not work, you may want to
    > consider getting out of the bathtub when downloading pr0n.

    I suggest SneakerNet. Most reliable system I have ever used.
    Jtyc, Sep 1, 2004
  10. David

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "David" <>
    spewed in news:43ce01c49042$fab76220$:

    > I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    I have found that when on the ocean more than 200 km from shore and the
    nearest access point my wireless doesn't work...Is that what you mean?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 1, 2004
  11. David

    kpg Guest

    #
    > "David" <> wrote
    > > I need to know if anyone out there has come across the
    > > problem of wireless not working coerrectly when near water

    > I can still access my wireless AP in the cottage when I have my laptop out
    > on the raft in the lake.

    You take your laptop out on a raft in the lake?

    Fish Finder 1.0?

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    Certificates? We don't need no stinking Certificates!
    kpg, Sep 1, 2004
  12. David

    TBone Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote
    > You take your laptop out on a raft in the lake?
    >
    > Fish Finder 1.0?

    Hehe... We call it a raft up here, I've heard others call it a floating
    dock. Its a 10x10 floating platform anchored about 100 feet from the shore.

    And its an old laptop. Just in case there is any unintended submersion.

    As for fish finder, I'm still trying to find a USB underwater sonar.

    Brian
    TBone, Sep 2, 2004
  13. David

    Ben Guest

    "Laura A. Robinson" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, every time I take my laptop into the bathtub, my wireless stops

    working.

    > Laura

    Do you have any pictures of that? :)
    Ben, Sep 2, 2004
  14. David

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Ben" <> spewed in

    > Do you have any pictures of that? :)

    if there are she is unlikely to be recognizable in the shot....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 2, 2004
  15. circa Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:25:24 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben ()
    said,
    > > Yes, every time I take my laptop into the bathtub, my wireless stops

    > working.
    > >
    > > Laura

    > Do you have any pictures of that? :)

    You want to see pictures of my laptop? Well, ohhkay, I guess...
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2004