    It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    I am not using it. See any problem with this?
    p4o2, Jun 1, 2007

  2. p4o2

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:15:56 -0700, p4o2 <> wrote:

    >It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    >when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    >I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    Every wireless mouse I've ever had had a 'switch'. Basically, the
    dongle that plugs into my USB port fits into the bottom of the mouse,
    and that turns the mouse off.
    Evan Platt, Jun 1, 2007

  3. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:15:56 -0700, p4o2 <> wrote:
    >
    >>It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    >>when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    >>I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    > Every wireless mouse I've ever had had a 'switch'. Basically, the
    > dongle that plugs into my USB port fits into the bottom of the mouse,
    > and that turns the mouse off.

    my Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 has no switch but batteries last months.
    Geoff Pearson, Jun 1, 2007
  4. p4o2

    ian field Guest

    "p4o2" <> wrote in message
    > It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    > when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    > I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    Most wireless optical mice have "sleep mode" if not moved or clicked for a
    certain length of time, most USB optical wireless mice use rechargeable NiMh
    batteries, mine does occasionally go flat but "wall wart" chargers are cheap
    enough.
    ian field, Jun 1, 2007
  5. p4o2

    Flyer Guest

    "p4o2" <> wrote in message
    > It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    > when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    > I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    I have a Logitech wireless mouse, it has a switch to turn it on/off ;-)
    If yours doesn't have a switch, removing the battery won't do it any harm.

    P.
    Flyer, Jun 1, 2007
  6. p4o2

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:10:38 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
    <> wrote:

    >my Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 has no switch but batteries last months.

    So the dongle doesn't snap into the bottom of the mouse? I have had 3
    Microsoft Wireless mouse (my current one is a 3000) and on all 3, it
    does.
    Evan Platt, Jun 1, 2007
  7. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:10:38 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>my Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 has no switch but batteries last months.

    > So the dongle doesn't snap into the bottom of the mouse? I have had 3
    > Microsoft Wireless mouse (my current one is a 3000) and on all 3, it
    > does.

    no there is nothing on the mouse for a dongle or any other connection. Nor
    was there on my previous Logitech mouse.
    Geoff Pearson, Jun 1, 2007
  8. p4o2

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:10:38 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>my Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 has no switch but batteries last months.

    >> So the dongle doesn't snap into the bottom of the mouse? I have had 3
    >> Microsoft Wireless mouse (my current one is a 3000) and on all 3, it
    >> does.
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    > no there is nothing on the mouse for a dongle or any other connection.
    > Nor was there on my previous Logitech mouse.

    Evan's mouse is a laptop model - portable. It doesn't have the receiver on
    the end of a long cord. The dongle is the receiver. I have one like it, and
    several of the desktop models like yours.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 1, 2007
  9. p4o2

    p4o2 Guest

    On Jun 1, 1:41 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:10:38 +0100, "Geoff Pearson"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >my Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 has no switch but batteries last months.

    > So the dongle doesn't snap into the bottom of the mouse? I have had 3
    > Microsoft Wireless mouse (my current one is a 3000) and on all 3, it
    > does.

    Wow you are right. I have not taken the dongle from the PC so the
    little switch was never seen. Thanks
    p4o2, Jun 1, 2007
  10. p4o2

    Kraftee Guest

    p4o2 wrote:
    > It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the
    > battery when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not
    > drain when I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    The newer Logitech ones do have a switch, both the rechargables & the
    ones with batteries.
    Kraftee, Jun 1, 2007
  11. p4o2

    Bob B Guest

    "p4o2" <> wrote in message
    > It seems that none of these have an on/off switch to save the battery
    > when not in use. why not? I move the battery so it does not drain when
    > I am not using it. See any problem with this?

    If you use the rechargable batteries designed for cameras (about 2500mAh)
    you will only need to charge them about 3 times a year

    BB
    Bob B, Jun 3, 2007