    I do suppose if I upgrade to another mouse and have the Bluetooth dongle
    then all I have to do is just get the mouse. Unlike a regular wireless mouse
    that seems to require you to purchase the receiver as well as the mouse.
    Greg, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Greg

    Fred Guest

    "Greg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was looking at getting a wireless mouse for my notebook. Is there any
    > difference in performance between one that relies on a radio signal

    compared
    > to Bluetooth? Bluetooth, obviously, has the ability to communicate with
    > other Bluetooth enabled objects. And the range seems to be much further

    than
    > the typical wireless mouse. I guess I want to know if the extra cost is
    > worth it? My notebook already has wireless b/g. And I don't really see
    > Bluetooth being used for anything else other than the mouse.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be helpful.
    >
    > I do suppose if I upgrade to another mouse and have the Bluetooth dongle
    > then all I have to do is just get the mouse. Unlike a regular wireless

    mouse
    > that seems to require you to purchase the receiver as well as the mouse.

    Personally, I just went to office depot and got the Kensington mouse. It
    uses a separate usb dongle, but works great - I didn't see any use for
    bluetooth, as my notebook already had built in wireless. Neat thing about
    the mouse I got - the usb dongle slid into a slot in the mouse when not in
    use. Putting away the receiver also turned off the power in the mouse -
    saves batteries.

    Hope this helps!

    Fred.

    Here is a link to the mouse:

    http://www.officedepot.ca/ddSKU.do?..._info=SG_3_DV_20_CT_2001_SC_2001012_SK_432280
    Fred, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Greg

    Ray Guest

    I would probably go with a optical mouse, either ps/2 or usb. Wireless is
    cool but if you think about it, your working off a notebook and when you are
    running off of battery power, the wireless mouse or bluetooth one would suck
    up battery power faster than a ps/2 or usb mouse.

    Ray, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Thanks. So the mouse you got isn't a Bluetooth? It's a plain jane wireless
    with a USB receiver?

    Greg, Nov 9, 2004