wireless monitoring

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by nospam, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Hi,

    I have just set up a wireless network at home.

    The main computer is connected to the ADSL modem/router via an ethernet
    cable and my kids PC is connected wirelessly.

    All works OK.

    but there are times when I see the WAN light on the router flashing
    quite a lot when the kids PC is turned off.

    Is there any way of monitoring who/what is using the wireless - if
    anyone.

    I have wpa-psk set up and have changed the channel from the default.

    Both PC are running win2k sp4.

    Maybe I am worrying about nothing!
    nospam, Dec 28, 2004

  2. nospam

    Sooner Al Guest

    Look at AirSnare...

    http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Try the administration interface of your wireless router.
    Does it have web management interface?
    Are there any info screens that alow to see list of active
    connected stations, traffic counters etc. ?

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Dec 29, 2004
  4. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Pavel A. <> writes
    >Try the administration interface of your wireless router.
    >Does it have web management interface?

    Yes and there does not appear to be any screens, I have been through
    them all, that show any network traffic.

    It shows who is allowed to connect.
    But that doesn't explain the activity I see on the router when the PC
    with the wireless card is switched off.

    nospam, Dec 29, 2004