Wireless modem stopped working

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 1, 2007.

  1. Hi
    May be this can Help to find what is wrong,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 1, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Bohdan Guest

    Ater managing to eradicate a number of Trojans on my laptop which manged to

    Bohdan, Dec 1, 2007

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Bohdan Guest

    I get a page not found.... btw. I have read many of the other threads here
    and have gone through most if not all of that site a few days ago.

    I uninstalled the Linkys software using add/remove. I then reinstalled the
    drivers on my hard drive, plugged in the wireless card and let Windows look
    for the drivers and install them. Nothing changed, When I select 'let windows
    manage the modem'..... it seems to do so but changes nothing in the 'view
    available networks'.... it still gives me the same message 'windows cannot
    configure'.

    If I try to 'start' WCZ I get err 1068

    Bohdan, Dec 1, 2007
  4. Hi
    If all the Network Setting checks OK, and right Now the only problem is that
    you do not get a page when using a browser.
    After cleaning "Junk"this process might be necessary.
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 2, 2007
  5. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Bohdan Guest

    I ran the Winsock fix and the LSP fix (found nothng wrong).

    No change.

    Keep in mind, I have no problems with my hardwired connection on this
    laptop. This is how I am able to make this post.

    I am reluctant to run the stuff suggested further down on that part of the
    page.
    Bohdan, Dec 2, 2007
  6. Hi
    It is nice that is ran well for years, but obviously some thing is wrong
    Now.
    Problem is that if it is Hardware problem there is No way to tell unless
    another spare hardware is used to rule out hardware issues.
    So there is No other choice but to try software setting and refreshing the
    system, if it does not help you hopefully can borrow a Wireless card from a
    friend to try. Otherwise you to take the financial risk and buy a second
    Wireless card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 3, 2007
  7. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Bohdan Guest

    The only thing I didn't do is reset TCP/IP... you seem to forget I have no
    problem connecting to my router using the built in LAN card and accessing
    this website, or any other, for that matter.

    The modem config died when I got the infestation. None of the messages I get
    suggest it is a hardware problem, although there is a very slim chance it is,
    considering the timing and the symptoms.

    I do not have access to another card, at the moment.

    Thanks for your help.

    "
    Bohdan, Dec 3, 2007
  8. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Bohdan Guest

    Ok. I got it working again.

    I downloaded and installed the Broadcom utility to manage wireless
    connections. I'm up and running again.
    Bohdan, Dec 3, 2007
  9. Hi
    Glad you made it work.
    At this point, you probably do not want to "mess" the system.
    However if you feel adventure you can try something.
    Leave the Broadcom utility installed, just disable it from startup, and try
    WZC.
    Why? Some manufacturers combine their Wireless Utility with the drivers of
    the card, thus when one uninstall the original utility in order to use WZC
    it messes up the driver as well.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 3, 2007