    Torrential Guest

    Need to buy a 4 Port Ethernet & Wireless ADSL Router/Modem.

    Any recommendation most welcome ?

    Torrential, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Torrential

    David Empson Guest

    Steven Wayne <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:13:44 +1200, Torrential
    > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Need to buy a 4 Port Ethernet & Wireless ADSL Router/Modem.
    > >
    > > Any recommendation most welcome ?

    > Netgear DG834G 802.11g Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

    I have the DG834 (non-wireless) model and I am very impressed by it's
    feature set. VPN endpoint support, firewall seems pretty good, it can
    email logs, doesn't need to be reset or have settings saved explicitly
    after changes, has good online help, fakes a domain name for itself
    (www.routerlogin.com) so you don't need to remember its IP address.
    Ready for ADSL2+. Looks good too.

    Can't comment on the wireless aspect of the 'G' model.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Torrential

    Steven Wayne Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Need to buy a 4 Port Ethernet & Wireless ADSL Router/Modem.
    >
    > Any recommendation most welcome ?

    Netgear DG834G 802.11g Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

    Steven
    --
    .''`.
    : :' :

    Steven Wayne, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Torrential

    Allistar Guest

    David Empson wrote:

    > Steven Wayne <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:13:44 +1200, Torrential
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Need to buy a 4 Port Ethernet & Wireless ADSL Router/Modem.
    >> >
    >> > Any recommendation most welcome ?

    >> Netgear DG834G 802.11g Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

    > I have the DG834 (non-wireless) model and I am very impressed by it's
    > feature set. VPN endpoint support, firewall seems pretty good, it can
    > email logs, doesn't need to be reset or have settings saved explicitly
    > after changes, has good online help, fakes a domain name for itself
    > (www.routerlogin.com) so you don't need to remember its IP address.
    > Ready for ADSL2+. Looks good too.
    >
    > Can't comment on the wireless aspect of the 'G' model.

    Agreed. I have this model and it works very well. It has an easy to use and
    powerful web interface. The wireless aspect is very good too.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Mar 21, 2006
  5. On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:13:44 +1200, Torrential <>
    wrote:

    >Need to buy a 4 Port Ethernet & Wireless ADSL Router/Modem.
    >
    >Any recommendation most welcome ?

    If I were buying at the moment, I would be looking to see if it
    supported ADSL 2+, which seems to be imminent.

    Stephen Worthington, Mar 22, 2006