    my modem as restarting the pc...as i figure something must be cached
    somewhere and only a restart removes it.

    Thanks...

    kieran5405, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Hi
    It can be sporadic noise, and or the power saving of the Wireless card is
    On.
    Changing the channel in the Wireless Router can help against noise.
    Power saving is here, http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    However in many cases it might be uncontrolled environmental electrical
    noise and you would have to live with it.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 27, 2007

  3. kieran5405

    kieran5405 Guest

    hi...thanks for feedback...but is there a command that i can run at
    the command line that replicates a restart...as only this seems to get
    it back working.

    kieran5405, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Hi
    From the run use: ipconfig /release_all
    Wait a few and do: ipconfig /renew_alll
    If it helps make a batch file from each command drag a link to the desktop
    and it would available when needed.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 28, 2007
  5. kieran5405

    Pavel A. Guest

    "kieran5405" wrote:

    > hi...thanks for feedback...but is there a command that i can run at
    > the command line that replicates a restart...as only this seems to get
    > it back working.

    If you need to reset it really hard, try the devcon utility ( MS KB311272 )
    Disable and enable the device.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 30, 2007