    I assume wireless would allow me to work on line in any room.
    Regards
    AD
    AD, Feb 8, 2004

  2. AD

    °Mike° Guest

    WLAN Wireless Networking
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wlan.htm

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:14:41 -0000, in
    <JftVb.13365$>
    AD scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 8, 2004

  3. AD

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:14:41 -0000, "AD"
    <> wrote:

    >If I wanted to go wireless at home, what do I need exactly?
    >I have:
    >- a 1mb broadband connection (with Blueyonder at the moment)
    >- a Toshiba Satellite Notebook 2430. It has infra red port and I also have a
    >Bluetooth USB connection

    IR and bluetooth are useless for networking beyond a few feet.
    You'll need a wireless router/access point combination to achieve the
    desired results. You can either use a wired a router plus a separate
    access point, or you can buy one device that serves both functions.

    You'll also need a wireless access card for your laptop.
    802.11G would be the preferred standard if you plan on moving files
    between two systems. If you only need to share the Internet
    connection, 802.11B will be more than enough.

    Harrison, Feb 8, 2004