    allow or decline access, there doesn't seem to be anything that allows me to
    set the day and time for wireless access. Can anyone help? Am I missing
    something?
    HotRod, Mar 2, 2005

  2. HotRod

    DLink Guru Guest

    Most routers will allow you to deny permission or give permission to MACs.
    To setup time filtering you usually have to use IPs not MACs.

    To do this consistantly though you will need to set static IPs.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Mar 3, 2005

  3. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    Not really possible here and seems like a lot of extra work we basically
    only have 6 PCs that I want to block access. It's way to easy for the users
    of the PC to just turn off static IP's and have the PC get a new IP
    address.

    HotRod, Mar 3, 2005
  4. HotRod

    DLink Guru Guest

    If you set the router for static IP and disable DHCP then a user can not get
    a different IP, unles they have access to your router password.

    I have 4 computers in my home network, 2 desktops and 2 laptops. I have
    allowed my DHCP server to use a range of IPs from 192.168.0.10 to
    192.168.0.13 and have supplied static IPs to my 3 computers MACs using
    192.168.0.10, .11, ,12 and 192.169.0.13. That way no unauthorized computers
    can log into my network, unless they use some sort of MAC spoofing, But then
    they also have to get past WPA-PSK security, which is not impossible, but
    unlikely in a small home network.

    You do not have to do anything to the computers themselves, the router will
    handle all that. Then you can go into the router and filter by IP for dates
    and times.

    Robert....

    DLink Guru, Mar 3, 2005
  5. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I will have a look, when you said that I don't need to do anything to the
    computers do you mean that the router will handle giving each PC a static
    IP?

    Don't I need to set the static IP on each PC?
    HotRod, Mar 14, 2005
  6. HotRod

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    Routers do not give static IP.
    However MAC filtering can be used with DHCP too, the Router will keep the
    MAC number in its memory.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 14, 2005
  7. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I want to filter based on time of day etc. and wasn't able to do this with
    MAC addresses. I have both a VPN and Wireless-G router and when playing with
    both the only setting that would works is to either give the PC access or
    deny it access.
    HotRod, Mar 14, 2005
  8. HotRod

    DLink Guru Guest

    you can assign a static IP based on a MAC in the router and the router will
    handle it all. When you have the IPs assigned to your computers via thier
    MACs by the router, you can go setup your time restrictions.

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Mar 15, 2005