    Any idea on how I can get my wireless lap to receive internet through home
    PC? Do I need to install a wireless network card to my PC? Not sure how to
    set-up. HELP!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lsbHk=?=, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Does the laptop have a wired Ethernet port? If so just plug into the router.

    If not then your options would be to either purchase a wireless card for one
    of the desktop PCs or a wireless access point or a combination wireless
    access point/router.

    Any reason your not using the router to connect your PCs to the internet
    versus using ICS?

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Dec 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?R2lsbHk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Gilly wrote:

    > I have a Netgear router that is not wireless and is connected to my pc
    > via ethernet cable. My PC has ICS enabled and shared by two other PC's
    > in home. Any idea on how I can get my wireless lap to receive internet
    > through home PC? Do I need to install a wireless network card to my
    > PC? Not sure how to set-up. HELP!!!

    If you have a router, why are you using ICS? I'd just replace the router
    with a wireless router, drop the ICS, and then you can connect
    wirelessly with your laptop.

    Otherwise, I'm sure your laptop has an ethernet port. Just plug it in.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Dec 14, 2005
  4. No, the port is not wired. I'm using the router and ICS to connect to the
    internet. The router is a Gateway/Router, I thought I needed both for
    connectivity and security. I have a cable modem for internet connectivity on
    the source PC and sharing that out. So if I turn ICS off, I can still connect
    to the internet through the router with the ohter pc's?

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lsbHk=?=, Dec 14, 2005
  5. I thought I needed ICS turned on for connectivity with the router. Thanks for
    your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lsbHk=?=, Dec 14, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?R2lsbHk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Gilly wrote:

    > I thought I needed ICS turned on for connectivity with the router.
    > Thanks for your help!

    No, set your router to do DHCP and then set your computers to get their
    IP addresses and DNS automatically. The router will assign the IP
    addresses.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 14, 2005