    that there is "limited or no connectivity" and won't assign me an ip!

    Any ideas?
    , Nov 20, 2005

  2. Ryan Younger Guest

    Which wireless network adapter are you using? Be sure that your wireless
    NIC drivers are at the latest version. I have witnessed erratic behaviour
    with a large number of wireless adapters which are not using the latest
    drivers.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/airsick/ - My Blog

    Ryan Younger, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'm using an intel pro wireless 2200BG

    I downloaded the updates, but whenever I try to use them, it cones up
    with the "This program has encountered an error" message and closes
    , Nov 20, 2005
  4. Ryan Younger Guest

    This is one of the most prevalent wireless adapters out there, this is the
    chipset included with Centrino processors. I have seen a great deal of
    issues resolved by installing the latest version of the PRO/Wireless 2200BG
    drivers (the software also includes Intel's management utility which means
    that you don't have to use XP's WZC to manage your wireless connection).

    As for the error message you are receiving, that is a generic error message.
    Do you have any more specific information? Have you checked the event log
    for details of the error? (Start | Run... then type 'eventvwr' and look in
    the application and system log).

    What make and model of laptop do you have? Where did you download the
    drivers package from?

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/airsick/ - My Wireless Networking Blog

    Ryan Younger, Nov 20, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ok my laptop is a MSI megabook M645, and I downloaded the drivers off
    the intel website
    , Nov 20, 2005
  6. Ryan Younger Guest

    Are you using Windows XP Service Pack 2, with all the latest hotfixes
    installed? Are you logged on as a user with administrative permissions when
    you try to install the software?

    Where there any messages in the event log?

    Ryan Younger, Nov 20, 2005
  7. Guest

    no I can't update windwos because I have no internet, and no there were
    no messages
    , Nov 21, 2005
  8. Ryan Younger Guest

    I would reccomend taking your laptop to a location where it can be fully
    updated. Do you have access to the Internet through an ethernet connection,
    either through a friend or elsewhere?

    Ryan Younger, Nov 21, 2005
  9. Guest

    No, I have a hub that i could use but it does the "limited or no
    connectivity" thing when I try

    Any other ideas?
    , Nov 21, 2005
  10. Guest

    update

    i managed to get the router to work, and install th updates, but it
    still does the same thing
    , Nov 25, 2005