    I only have a 54g on the laptop would this be right?

    Cheers
    Tracey
    TGS, Feb 18, 2007

  2. "TGS" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just bought a Belkin Wireless Laptop Network Card Adapter - 54g.for
    > my laptop and now want to buy a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G
    > Router I see there is a few on eBay with 125g on the box. Would
    > this
    > still be compatible or would I have to buy the one with 54g. Not
    > knowing much about it I suppose I would not benefit the extra speed
    > if
    > I only have a 54g on the laptop would this be right?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Tracey

    125g equipment is backward-compatible to 54g-- so it would work for you.

    Marty
    Martin Kallikak, Jr., Feb 18, 2007

  3. TGS

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-02-18, Martin Kallikak, Jr. <noone> wrote:
    > "TGS" <> wrote in message
    >>I just bought a Belkin Wireless Laptop Network Card Adapter - 54g.for
    >> my laptop and now want to buy a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G
    >> Router I see there is a few on eBay with 125g on the box. Would
    >> this
    >> still be compatible or would I have to buy the one with 54g. Not
    >> knowing much about it I suppose I would not benefit the extra speed
    >> if
    >> I only have a 54g on the laptop would this be right?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tracey
    >>

    > 125g equipment is backward-compatible to 54g-- so it would work for you.
    >
    > Marty

    In my experience, even if both the computer and router claim to be capable
    of 125GB/second, you probably won't get more than 54GB/sec anyway - and
    you'll only get that when the two are in direct line of sight in the same
    room with no interference from any other signals or appliances.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Whiskers wrote:

    > In my experience, even if both the computer and router claim to be capable
    > of 125GB/second, you probably won't get more than 54GB/sec anyway - and
    > you'll only get that when the two are in direct line of sight in the same
    > room with no interference from any other signals or appliances.

    I know what you meant, but what would this group be without smartass
    replies? I'd give you $12 for a couple of wireless devices that can do
    54GB/sec.
    --
    Proper notation would be 54Mb/sec methinks. That's something like 8,000
    times slower, but still usuable.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 18, 2007
  5. TGS

    TGS Guest

    On 18 Feb, 22:00, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    > > In my experience, even if both the computer and router claim to be capable
    > > of 125GB/second, you probably won't get more than 54GB/sec anyway - and
    > > you'll only get that when the two are in direct line of sight in the same
    > > room with no interference from any other signals or appliances.

    > I know what you meant, but what would this group be without smartass
    > replies? I'd give you $12 for a couple of wireless devices that can do
    > 54GB/sec.
    > --
    > Proper notation would be 54Mb/sec methinks. That's something like 8,000
    > times slower, but still usuable.

    Excellent I changed it to the 125g card paid a bit more. May I say
    guys thanks all for the speedy/helpfull info
    TGS, Feb 19, 2007