    connect to my laptop, but my laptop will not connect to my desktop. I have
    pinged it, but it doesn't find it. This question has probably been asked
    before, but I'm not finding answers anywhere else.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=, Jul 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=

    Ian Guest

    Have you turned off all firewall software? Including XP firewall. Do both
    machines have the same opperating system because I had lots of problems with
    XP Home and XP Pro. If you works one way it must work the other.

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 22, 2005

  3. I have XP home on both. I haven't tried the firewall yet, I'll give it a go
    and see how that works.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=, Jul 23, 2005
  4. I had this problem with firewalls. Which are you using ? I have Zone Alarm. I
    made sure that the Windows Firewall was turned off on both machines and made
    sure that in Zone Alarm the both computers were "trusted" in the Firewall
    zones.

    Works for me now.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5keSBi?=, Jul 26, 2005
  5. I'm using Microsoft and Mcafee Personal Firewall Plus. I haven't had a
    chance to try turning them off yet, I will this weekend. I haven't put
    either one in the trusted zoned yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=, Jul 28, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=

    Andrew C Guest

    you have to put both computers in the trusted zone on your firewall, that is
    most likely the problem. I have heard the microsoft professionals say most
    networking problems are because of a "misconfigured" firewall

    Andrew C, Jul 29, 2005
  7. Thanks for the help, I'm going to try these and see how it works.

    =?Utf-8?B?T2JpZQ==?=, Aug 1, 2005