    the Internet.

    Thanks,
    Ed.

    Ed., Aug 22, 2005

  2. Ed,

    Don't see why not - router is just extra protection and that's always a good
    thing :). I have a netgear wired router and it works well. I"ve heard good
    things about its wireless as well and dlink and linksys. If you decide you
    want to keep your pc , for sure dlink and linksys have routers that also
    allow for you to plug in your wired pc so you can have wired and wireless
    devices together. Hope it all works out :)

    --
    Mara Jade

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYSBKYWRl?=, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Ed.

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I would suggest keeping the old wired computer available.

    See here why: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

    This might help in the wireless Foray.

    Wireless Hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Ed.

    Ed. Guest

    Thanks for the replies and I surely appreciate them. Looks like I will go
    ahead and get the Laptop and a wireless router after reading the replies.
    Now we know. Thanks again and thanks for the time that you spend helping
    those of us who come to the newsgroups for help in such matters. It is great
    work you do and well appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ed.

    Ed., Aug 23, 2005