    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    TR

    Thomas J., May 3, 2004

  2. Thomas J. wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Have my desktop and laptop connected via a USR wireless router and card.
    > Have ran XP home network setup on both computers. Have used the same network
    > name and flagged folders on both machines for sharing. I can access the
    > laptop files via the desktop and they download / execute very fast, but I'm
    > having problems accessing the desktop files from the laptop. I can usually
    > see the desktop files and folders via the laptop if there isn't many files
    > in them, but they never download or execute. Seems like transfers from the
    > desktop to laptop are moving very slow and "hang", but transfers from the
    > laptop to desktop work great.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > TR

    Any idea what the signal strength is between the two machines?
    Do you keep up with antivirus and antispyware on both?
    Laptops are slower by nature, take that into consideration.

    Overall, sounds like spotty wireless connection. Not sure why the laptop
    receives slower than the desktop though.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2004

  3. Thomas J.

    Thomas J. Guest

    Laptop is about 6 feet away from the router with network properties
    reporting an excellent signal. Never ran antispyware on the laptop... never
    experienced problems with stuff like that. Antivirus definitions are not the
    newest, but not that old. The laptop doesn't even transfer or open the
    smallest files from the desktop.

    I previously had a Microsoft "b" wireless router and card running on both
    machines and never had problems transferring both ways. I uninstalled the
    Microsoft networking software and hooked up my new USR "g" router and card
    last week and the transfer problem started.

    Both the desktop and laptop access the internet perfectly. Just can't get
    transfers working from the desktop to laptop for some reason.

    Thanks,
    TR

    Thomas J., May 3, 2004
  4. Thomas J.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Just a shot in the dark...have you looked at the WEP encryption settings?

    Toolman Tim, May 3, 2004