wireless LAN connected unconnected

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Timo Nentwig, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. Timo Nentwig

    Timo Nentwig Guest

    Hi!

    I got a Samsung X20 sonoma notebook and think that I configured my WLAN
    stuff correctly. Actually, Windows tells me that it did successfully
    connect and the signal is excellent. But: it doesn't work. I cannot ping
    anything.

    I have a Netgear MR814v2 router and do have ACLs to which I add the
    notebook, so router actually did know about it (for a matter of the MAC
    address).

    The router is at 192.168.0.1 and I configured my notebook to be 192.168.0.4,
    set the DNS to .1 and everything. Another centrino notebook works
    perfectly. I even tried to disable ACLs and enabled DHCP but in this case
    it did not even get an IP address. I have no idea what may be going wrong
    here.

    Anyone a suggestion?

    Thanks
    Timo