Wireless LAN Configuration Utility

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?TW91MQ==?=, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. I recently reactivated an old laptop (had been used for local stuff with no
    access to the net). The laptop has XP Home edition and I installed an
    Hawkings 54 M 802.11g Wireless Cardbus PC Card in order to establish a
    wireless connection to the net. Everything worked fine yesterday when I did
    it.

    After connection to the net was establed the laptop started to receive a
    large number of Windows upgrade (which seemed to be OK - as no upgrade had
    been installed for the 1½ year). Finally late yesterday everything was
    installed and I closed down.

    When starting the laptop today I immediately noticed that something was
    wrong. It was impossible to activate the Wireless LAN Configuration Utility.

    The windows just says "Driver not loaded" and nothing happens - I have tried
    to regenerate the system as it was before upgrading - but in vain.

    It have tried to check the hardware configuration - but can only find out
    that I have a code error 10 - but nothing about how to handle it.

    I tried to install the Windows XP - but apparently it is impossible as my
    CD-rom contains a much older version than that on the laptop - big surprise.

    Does anybody have a suggestion ????

    =?Utf-8?B?TW91MQ==?=, Aug 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TW91MQ==?=

    Guest

    On 13-Aug-2006, =?Utf-8?B?TW91MQ==?= <> wrote:

    > The laptop has XP Home edition and I installed an
    > Hawkings 54 M 802.11g Wireless Cardbus PC Card in order to establish a
    > wireless connection to the net. Everything worked fine yesterday when I did
    > it.

    Installed with Hawkings drivers or just physically installed?
    Get to Device Manager find the adapter, right click to
    get properties, and you should find the driver details.
    Hopefully there won't be a yellow exclamation mark.
    If it's a generic MS driver, or an old driver for a different
    adapter, you should be able to do a "Have disk" and install
    the proper drivers.
    It probably worked initially because the driver it found
    and used was for an adapter with the same chipset, now
    it produces an error, P&P identity doesn't match installed
    driver.
    This used to occur with modems, they all respond to the
    same AT command set, but if you picked the wrong
    model, it wouldn't talk.

    , Aug 13, 2006

  3. Look for the latest driver update, reinstall; if this fails, contact their
    support.

    http://www.hawkingtech.com/support.php

    Regards,
    --PA