Wireless LAN API update for Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by James McIllece [MS], Nov 29, 2006.

  1. The Wireless LAN API update for Windows XP SP2 (KB918997) is now available
    at the Microsoft download center.

    Installing this set of application programming interfaces (APIs) will
    enable you to create applications that can manage wireless LAN profiles and
    connectivity on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) using the native
    wireless functionality in Windows, called Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
    service.

    The update can be downloaded from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=52A43BAB-DC4E-
    413F-AC71-158EFD1ADA50. The KB article is at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918997.

    The API update for Windows XP SP2 is a subset of the Wireless LAN APIs
    introduced in Windows Vista, known as the Native WiFi API. This means
    developers can write wireless client applications that work on both
    platforms, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.

    These APIs are documented in the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Vista
    and also on MSDN at

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/nativewifi/nwifi/portal.asp. The Windows Vista SDK can be downloaded
    from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C2B1E300-
    F358-4523-B479-F53D234CDCCF&displaylang=en.

    --
    James McIllece, Microsoft

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
    name for newsgroup participation only.

    James McIllece [MS], Nov 29, 2006

  2. Thanks James
    This is an attempt to make the link actually working.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=52A43BAB-DC4E-413F-AC71-158EFD1ADA50
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 29, 2006