    Any recommendations on makes and models? What's the news with wireless
    Internet providers?

    Daisy

    Eeek!, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Eeek!

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Eeek!" <> wrote in
    news:S9lgc.40912$:

    > I'm interested in buying a new laptop with wireless internet
    > capabilities. Any recommendations on makes and models? What's the news
    > with wireless Internet providers?
    >
    > Daisy

    Maybe, your better solution is to get a laptop with a PCMCIA slot and
    PCMCIA wireless card. Then it doesn't make any difference what kind of
    laptop you purchase. Linksys makes a WPC11 model that I have been using
    for the last couple of years with no problems.

    Wireless ISP(s) are up and coming in the market place. If you can, you
    should check with the Wireless ISP for any approved wireless cards to be
    used on the IPS's network, but usually all brands should work anyway.

    I also know that Tiger Direct has a Wireless PCMCIA card that the range
    is about 1,000 FT or more in the transmission and reception. I got my eye
    on that one. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 18, 2004