    is not offered in this area so I have to stay with dial up. But I hate
    haveing a phone cord plugged in to my laptop. can you tell me if there is
    something I can buy to make it wireless on dial up.
    =?Utf-8?B?bXlzdGlr?=, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Hello , Linksys has a model . http://www.linksys.com . Type into the Linksys
    search box this model number WRT54GP2 / click the arrow / Select the
    website reguarding Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Voice & Telephne ...
    --
    KD

    =?Utf-8?B?SW5zdGFsbGVy?=, Oct 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bXlzdGlr?=

    Webbie Guest

    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...541785&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
    shows the router model mentioned above. On page 7 of the user manual
    (link to manual located on right side of page) there is no mention of
    dial-up capability, but instead it mentions the phone jacks are for a
    special phone service called Vonage, which allows you to make phone
    calls if you sign up for that service. Of course, there would be fees.
    You should verify the router's capabilities with Linksys before
    considering purchasing it.

    Dial-up is not broadband, wireless is broadband. I do not believe you
    are going to get it to work, without having some sort of broadband
    service.
    Webbie, Oct 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bXlzdGlr?=

    Jack Guest