    What do I need to purchase to be able to conect my laptop wirelessly?

    Thanks for looking.

    Drew.
    drewmor, Jan 14, 2006

  2. drewmor

    old jon Guest

    "drewmor" <> wrote in message
    news:43c92301$0$3032$...
    >I have a desktop pc with a broadband internet connection via a Zoom 4X adsl
    >router.
    >
    > I also have a comparatively new notebook/laptop which is not wireless
    > enabled.
    >
    > What do I need to purchase to be able to conect my laptop wirelessly?
    >
    > Thanks for looking.
    >
    > Drew.

    Hi Drew start by going to www.google.co.uk
    and type in Wireless LAN PCMCIA Card
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 14, 2006

  3. drewmor wrote:
    > I have a desktop pc with a broadband internet connection via a Zoom 4X adsl
    > router.
    >
    > I also have a comparatively new notebook/laptop which is not wireless
    > enabled.
    >
    > What do I need to purchase to be able to conect my laptop wirelessly?
    >
    > Thanks for looking.

    You need a wireless router. Hook the dsl modem into the wireless router.
    Put your desktop into that with a Cat5 cable. Then have some sort of
    wireless device in your laptop, such as a PCMCIA wireless adapter, maybe
    a USB wireless adapter, connect to the wireless router. Gotta have two
    devices, one at each end of the connection.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 14, 2006
  4. drewmor

    donleo Guest

    you need a wireless card and wireless router

    donleo, Jan 14, 2006