    modem, it asked me to check my settings! Any help would be great as BT
    themselves can't help me!
    Thank you.
    Janet L, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Janet L

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Were the responses to your Q of the 13th no help?

    "Janet L" <> wrote in message
    > I have just bought BT modem 1800HG and a wireless adapter (BT VOYGER 1040)
    > so I could connect my second computer wireless. I installed the software

    on
    > the first computer and connected the cables etc as shown on the CD Rom.

    And
    > I was connected!.... then the difficult bit came.... setting up the other
    > computer with the wireless adapter... I installed the software first, as

    it

    MrGrumpy, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Janet L

    Janet L Guest

    No, it didnt help at all..... I have replied to the last post.... and now I
    am looking for someone who knows about the problem itself!

    Janet L, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Janet L

    GeorgeD Guest

    Janet L wrote:
    > I have just bought BT modem 1800HG and a wireless adapter (BT VOYGER 1040)
    > so I could connect my second computer wireless.

    I can’t be much help, but I had a similar problem with Win98. It would
    detect the wireless card and the remote router. Everything seemed
    correct but would not connect. I reinstalled Win98 and it worked. When
    I reinstalled the applications (I suspect MS Office was the culprit) it
    wouldn’t connect anymore.

    Never could get it fixed. Searching Google indicated that I was the
    only one in the world to have that problem. I finally gave up and
    bought WinXP. It worked fine.

    Regards,
    GeorgeD, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Janet L

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Janet L mused:

    | No, it didnt help at all..... I have replied to the last post.... and now
    | I am looking for someone who knows about the problem itself!

    ... made more difficult by no mention of the OS[es] you are using ...

    You stated that BT can't help you. Why not? Since they sold you all
    the hardware in question, and you are presumably using their internet
    service with it (since you can't use their hardware with any other service),
    they are the ones to contact for this kind of issue.

    Since there are literally thousands of difference wireless
    configurations with hardware alone, you'll have to wait for someone with
    your exact same hardware to really get the specific information you need ...
    or, as I said before, call BT.
    mhicaoidh, Apr 14, 2005
  6. Janet L

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Re: wireless card
    You say you installed software first, then installed card which received a
    signal, but then you say you installed software?????? what software?
    Having just installed a new wireless setup myself I would guess its a
    problem with the configeration of the card connection, and possibly your
    software Firewall.
    If you have a software or winxp firewall disable it run the config utility
    for the card - not forgetting to set the security for the connection, which
    is often disabled by default. Once connected enable your firewall and check
    the logs, so that you may then allow the connection in the firewall.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 15, 2005