Wireless Internet PC Card For 64Bit Windows XP Pro (Maybe OT)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by SafeHex, May 30, 2006.

  1. SafeHex

    SafeHex Guest

    I shall be glad to know if there exists a PC Card wireless modem for EVDO/3G
    Wireless Broadband that will work in a Windows XP Professional 64Bit
    machine.

    Both Verizon and Sprint offer the service and I already have the one from
    the former and am using an AirPrime 5220 PC Card on both my 32bit machines.

    I now need such a device for a WinXP Pro 64Bit machine I am acquiring
    shortly. I did hear from someone that third-party drivers and/or workarounds
    are available for existing wireless modem cards but cannot now recall who I
    heard it from. Searches with Google and also at PlanetAMD64 as well as
    EVDO-Info did not yeild any immediate results.

    Can anyone help with this one? I shall be real grateful.

    Regards and thanks in anticipation.

    SafeHex
    SafeHex, May 30, 2006