    Windows Help. HP won´t help, on account of dual boot. Can someone
    please point me in the right direction to get the same kind of
    connectivity I enjoy in the English partition? Thanks.
    Bob Frolek, Oct 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    When you set two partitions, the second partitions has to be treated as a
    separate computer and every thing has to be installed from scratch.
    The first partitions was already installed by HP. The second partitions has
    to be installed by you as though you have a clean slate computer. Only after
    successful installation of functional Windows you can install the Wireless.
    You might need to log to HP support and get all the drivers that are
    available to support your computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Bob Frolek" <> wrote in message
    Pavilion dv9000z Notebook. XP Professional Build 5.1 SP2.
    Impressive Wireless Internet connection. Nothing for me to do. Boot up
    and I´m connected. At the right of the taskbar I see HP Wireless Asst
    icon and Wireless Network Connection icon. Control Panel has HP
    Wireless Asst, Network Connections, Network Setup Wizard.

    I have set up a dual boot partition to a foreign language XP Build 5.1
    SP2, but I see none of this good stuff, and I can make no sense from
    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 11, 2006

  3. Bob Frolek

    Bob Frolek Guest

    Thanks for the input, Jack. I realize that I have to set up a fresh
    machine, but as far as wireless networking goes, can I do this myself?
    US HP support simply washes their hands on the problem. Am I in a
    position where I have to go through support in another country, or even
    give the machine to technicians there? Is it do-it-yourself
    proposition for a savvy person in the US?

    Bob Frolek, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Hi
    The US support might not have all the languages releases and the
    understanding of the trepidation of each foreign configuration.
    However if your second partition works OK and the only thing missing is the
    Wireless try the regular english drivers may be it would work.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 12, 2006