wireless internet on a sony vaoi pcg-9S2M

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZmFpcnljbGFyZXk=?=, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. i recently got the internet and was wondering if my laptop (sony vaio
    PCG-9S2M)even has wireless internet as i cant work out how to do it at all!!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmFpcnljbGFyZXk=?=, Sep 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZmFpcnljbGFyZXk=?=

    Malke Guest

    fairyclarey wrote:

    > i recently got the internet and was wondering if my laptop (sony vaio
    > PCG-9S2M)even has wireless internet as i cant work out how to do it at
    > all!!

    Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager

    Expand the Network Adapters category and post back with what you see
    there.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Sep 27, 2006

  3. If this is your computer,
    http://www.vaio-link.com/specifications/specifications.asp?l=en&category=0&serie=PCG-K&m=1750
    and it appears to be, then it did not come with a wireless card built in.
    There maybe a card in the PCMCIA slot, otherwise you would not be able to
    connect wirelessly.

    --
    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 27, 2006