    I am not sure about is how to get the adhoc computer's web browser to use the
    ICS host's connection.

    Any help much appreciated!
    =?Utf-8?B?QWR6?=, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Probably, see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
    mspx

    Instead, you might be able to simply bridge the connections in the 2 adapter
    machine:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april2
    2.mspx

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Adz" <> wrote in message
    > My computer is wirelessly connected to a friends access point accross the
    > street. Using another wireless adapter I am also connected to other

    computers
    > in my house using ad-hoc connection, in the same workgroup with file

    sharing
    > up and running with no problems.
    >
    > As some of the other machines in my house are just out of range of the
    > access point accross the street, I was wondering if it possible to share

    the
    > WIRELESS connection that the first computer has?
    >
    > The name of the access point connection appears in the ICS list and I can
    > get the sharing hand overlay to appear on the wireless connection icon.

    What

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Mar 1, 2006

  3. Thanks for reply Doug but both those links are dead, any other pages you know
    of that would have same info?

    Tried bridging the connection which appeared to work on the two adapter
    machine but still not able to browse on the satellite machine.
    =?Utf-8?B?QWR6?=, Mar 1, 2006
  4. The links aren't dead they jut broke.

    For your convenience;

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/hillbillybuddhist/

    HillBillyBuddhist, Mar 1, 2006
  5. The URLs are wrapped - you may have to copy both lines into the address bar.

    Have you rebooted the other machines?

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Mar 1, 2006
  6. Thanks Guys, I had actually already read that page but not closely enough!

    I think I made a mistake in sharing the right connection and choosing the
    private network but it works great. All computers have perfect uninterupted
    wireless throughout the house!

    =?Utf-8?B?QWR6?=, Mar 2, 2006
  7. Go get'em Adz!

    Doug Sherman