Wireless interference / equipment keeps dropping out

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by leeto, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. leeto

    leeto Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm having the following problem with my wireless network, and was
    wondering if anyone could shed some light :)

    - Equipment:
    - Desktop PC with Windows Media Center
    - Belkin Wireless Router hard wired to Desktop
    - Adsl modem hanging off Router
    - IBM Centrino Notebook
    - D-Link G810 wireless bridge connected to gaming console

    - Setup
    - Router set to channel 11, broadcasting ssid, and with 128-bit
    WEP.
    - DHCP server enabled, and DHCP enabled on both notebook and gaming
    console
    - WCZ on desktop PC disabled
    - All firewalls turned off (for debugging purposes)

    - Problem
    - Notebook on it's own works fine, connects properly to the
    wireless network and stays connected
    - Bridge on it's own works fine, with my gaming console having
    complete internet access
    - It's only when I try to use both at the same time is that they
    drop out, i.e. Notebook will say 'connected', then 'no wireless network
    available' to 'connected again'
    - Gaming console keeps dropping in and out.
    - Switching either piece of equipment off, gives full functionality
    to the other.

    What am I doing wrong!

    If anyone could give me any help, it would be much appreciated, as I am
    already pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is.

    Thanks in advance.

    leeto, Mar 16, 2006