    adapter, the mouse behaves erradictly. The cursor jumps ramdonly and the
    functions assigned to the thumb buttons spontaneously activate. After
    plugging mouse directly into USB socket, mouse performs normally.

    Chad, Feb 3, 2008

  2. I don't use an Intellimouse, but it sounds like the USB to PS2 adapter is
    the problem more than anything else. That wouldn't surprise me - they're not
    all that great in most cases. I'd just switch to using USB, and if you
    really don't have a spare USB socket, just add a USB hub.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 3, 2008

  3. Chad

    Chad Guest

    I have used the same mouse and adapter for over two years without a problem,
    to include XP Pro and Vista 32-bit. The problem started after upgrading to
    Vista 64-bit and using the most recent 64-bit drivers (6.2) from Microsoft.
    I have also switched out the mouse with an identical and re-sync'ed with the
    wireless base and the problem still exists. The problem is most likely from
    the drivers.

    Chad, Feb 3, 2008
  4. well, in either case, if it works from a USB port, and doesn't with the
    adapter, then use the USB port.

    I have personally become far less sanguine about assuming that it isn't
    hardware. But I've also become pragmatic. If it works one way, and doesn't
    the other? I use the way that works. If and when there are new drivers, and
    you want to try them? fine. But in the mean time, we haven't seen any
    reports here of IntelliMirror being any worse than it always has been.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Chad

    JDB69 Guest

    After looking through this discussion, this problem is widespread and seems
    to have to do with wireless or optical, which I have, mouse. I see it very
    well in PSPX & in MS Office. What it looks like to me is that the mouse
    pointer is offcenter. You point at something to click and the click goes to
    what ever is above or below or next to what you are clicking. I'm going to go
    back to regular mouse and see what happens. This is probably one of those big
    little problems that nobody is to concerned about.

    JDB69, Feb 11, 2008
  6. Chad

    Jim Compris Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > well, in either case, if it works from a USB port, and doesn't with the
    > adapter, then use the USB port.
    >
    > I have personally become far less sanguine assuming but I've also become
    > pragmatic. If it works one way, and
    > doesn't the other? I use the way that works. If and when there are new
    > drivers, and you want to try them? fine. But in the mean time, we
    > haven't seen any reports here of IntelliMirror being any worse than it
    > always has been.

    Wow, an amazing composition at its best!

    Jim Compris, Feb 16, 2008