    pavilion zx5000 type notebook Win XP home.
    --
    It's not over 'til I win
    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    What exactly indicator is?
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "WmRobt Allebach" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 11, 2006

  3. Thanks for your reply.
    The hp zx5369cl and others have builtin wifi with a button for turning off
    the wifi to save battery. On this model, the button normally lights when the
    wifi is operational.
    --
    It's not over 'til I win

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Thanks for your reply,

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > What exactly indicator is?

    Okey, the notebook, hp5369cl, has wifi builtin and a lighted button to show
    when wifi is on. The button can turn off wifi to save battery. However in my
    case the wifi is on (according to the blinkin light on the AP) even when the
    wifi button light is off. I cannot tell from the wifi button light, if the
    wifi is on or off. I hope this clears any confusion. I am just short of
    reloading all programming, an at least a 4-hr project so we appreciate any
    help.
    -Bob

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 17, 2006
  5. Thanks for your reply,

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 17, 2006
  6. Thanks for your reply,

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 17, 2006
  7. Thanks for your reply,

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 17, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=

    Lem Guest

    WmRobt Allebach wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply,
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >> What exactly indicator is?

    > Okey, the notebook, hp5369cl, has wifi builtin and a lighted button to show
    > when wifi is on. The button can turn off wifi to save battery. However in my
    > case the wifi is on (according to the blinkin light on the AP) even when the
    > wifi button light is off. I cannot tell from the wifi button light, if the
    > wifi is on or off. I hope this clears any confusion. I am just short of
    > reloading all programming, an at least a 4-hr project so we appreciate any
    > help.
    > -Bob

    What is it that makes you think the laptop's wifi is on? A blinking
    light on your router/access point? When the wifi button light on your
    laptop is off, can you connect to the AP and/or Internet?
    Lem, Aug 17, 2006
  9. Sorry for the repeated post. An error page convinced me that the message did
    not post so I wrote it again. and again.

    "Lem" wrote:
    > What is it that makes you think the laptop's wifi is on? A blinking
    > light on your router/access point? When the wifi button light on your
    > laptop is off, can you connect to the AP and/or Internet?

    Okey. Thats right. When the wifi button light on the laptop is off the
    connection continues to the Internet thu the AP, mentioning the blinkin light
    was just extra. I watch for the light while the laptop is booting and
    downloading a web page. The button light comes on during the process then
    goes out (and stays off) while the other indications confirm the
    connectivity. Tnx.
    -

    =?Utf-8?B?V21Sb2J0IEFsbGViYWNo?=, Aug 18, 2006