    Suggestions - Help ??
    --
    Rodney

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=, Feb 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    May be you should explain better the way every thing is connected. If you
    have a Wireless Router (working as a Router) then you do not need ICS.

    On the other hand it is a DialUP (internal modem???).

    So how the Router is connected (WAN Port? Regular port? what IP? DHCP is On
    or Off? Etc.)

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Rodney L. Voumard" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Using W2K HOST with Dial Up Wireless networked ( Linksys wireless router )

    > a LAPTOP O/S win XP- Home. Network is no isuue, but the LAPTOP will not

    ICS
    > with the HOST. Tried running the Wireless Network Wizzard. Does not see

    the
    > Sharred Connection. ( NOTE -If I run the Wired Network Wizzard, it does

    see
    > the the ICS connection - BUT I AN NOT USEING HARD WIRED - so this does me

    no

    Jack, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Thanks for the POST----

    DIAL UP Internal Modem ( my only choice in my area ) in Desktop PC
    Desktop PC connected to ROUTER WAN port w/CAT5E through NIC card
    Laptop PC Connected via Wireless Networking Connection.
    Both PC NIC TCP/IP set to obtain I/P AUTO
    Router set to AUTO DHCP

    Both PC's on the network OK - can Share both printer and files. Desktop PC
    Can Connect to internet, Laptop has been unable to use ICS.
    WIN2K O/S - Desktop
    Win XP-Home O/S Laptop

    The concept seems simple .........but after 3 day's

    THANKS AGAIN

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=, Feb 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    ICS can not work with such setting.

    You should connect the Wireless Cable/DSL Router as an Access Point.

    I.E. connect it to the host desktop via a regular port and switch off the
    DHCP.

    More instructions here: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    And here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
    mspx?pf=trueHi

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Rodney L. Voumard" <> wrote in
    message news:D...

    Jack, Feb 19, 2005
  5. Thanks for the help !!

    I will give this a try. As long as I do not lose my file/printer sharing. I
    really don't care if I use a ROUTER or ACESS POINT ( did not now that a
    ROUTER would double as a ACESS POINT...)

    Rodney.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=, Feb 20, 2005
  6. Let me do a quick reset here-----
    Use a DIAL IP HOST Desktop OS W2W
    Use a Linksys ROUTER to set Network betwwen Desktop and LAPTOP Win XP
    home( wireless network)
    Share INTERNET via ICS with the HOST !!

    I have looked at the links suggested
    QUESTION - Would it not be easier just to replace the ROUTER with an A/P (
    if this would get the two PC's to share the dial-up connection and stay
    networked )

    It's easier for me fly a BOEING that get this working !!!

    Thanks in advance
    Rodney

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9kbmV5IEwuIFZvdW1hcmQ=?=, Feb 20, 2005