Wireless icon

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGI=?=, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. I have lost the wireless icon. Have checked device manager and it is not
    there. Only ethernet adaptor and 1394 adaptor. How do I get it back

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGI=?=, Jun 26, 2006

  2. "db" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have lost the wireless icon. Have checked device manager and it is not
    > there. Only ethernet adaptor and 1394 adaptor. How do I get it back

    Normally, that would be because of some unexplained error in the best
    instance. Eg, pull it out, reboot the computer and when rebooted, put the
    wi-fi back in assuming it is not a PCI card. If it IS a PCI card, pull the
    card out, boot the computer, shut it down and put it back in. That MAY well
    fix it. If it doesn't, reinstall the driver and software. If that doesn't
    work, buy another.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 26, 2006