    correlate with network activity because they can go green or yellow even when
    the 'computer' screen icon stays blank. Does anyone out there *know* what
    those three lines indicate? They've got to mean something . . .

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1bXBlZA==?=, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Hi
    It would be a lot of help if you would divulge what is the nature of your
    system (name model type of wireless os), what you are describing does not
    seem to be a standard Windows Icon it probably belong to a 3rd party
    application.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 19, 2007

  3. You're joking, right? :) I'm referring to the wireless network icon that
    appears in the system tray when connected to a wireless network (as opposed
    to the wired [or LAN] network icon with two 'computers' that flash
    back-and-forth and appears when plugged into the LAN port). The one that has
    the little yellow 'ball' that bounces back-and-forth when trying to connect
    to a wireless network. The one that you have to right-click to 'find
    available wireless networks'. The one . . .

    OK, just for fun, here are my system details:

    IBM T42 with IBM/Atheros (AR5001X+) a/b/g wireless card
    Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600

    Which, incidentally, displays the same icon as every other notebook I've
    seen with XP installed: HP, Toshiba, Dell, Fujitsu, Sony . . .

    But I'm not really surprised by the answer--I've never found anyone who
    knows what those lines mean . . . Just thought I'd ask here.

    Still,

    Stumped

    =?Utf-8?B?c3R1bXBlZA==?=, Feb 19, 2007
  4. Hi
    Yesterday my in my reaction to your post I assumed that you do not have a
    standard Windows Wireless Installation.
    I sit every day for hours in front of few computers (laptop, and Desktop)
    using Windows Wireless Connection, and I never saw the three lines in the
    right side of the tray Icon changing any color.
    Well I looked very careful at the icon all day long and even spend some time
    changing setting and manipulating WZC.
    I can not give you an answer since no matter what I do I don't see these
    lines doing any thing.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 20, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1bXBlZA==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    These "signal lines" don't mean anything at all, besides to distinguish
    a wireless conection from wired.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Feb 20, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c3R1bXBlZA==?=

    Milan Guest

    I have the same "problem" to solve, except, my signal lines are only flashing green, no yellow so far.

    I agree with you, they've got to mean something . . .

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Milan, Mar 9, 2007