    not currently available.

    I am the only user of my PC which has no passwords set. What is the problem
    please?!! It is driving me mad.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYWg=?=, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Aloha Norah,

    I must be missing something in your question -- how many PCs do you have?
    Where are you trying to share files? You're getting this message while
    trying to access files on your LOCAL PC? Or on a shared machine someplace
    else?

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr - MVP
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, Jun 1, 2006

  3. I have one PC and one laptop. I am new to networking so don't really
    understand how everything works. I went to My Network Places and was trying
    to drag a file from elsewhere in Windows Explorer to Other Places/Documents
    which, according to the Help file, is what I should have done. Then I got
    the first error message. Later when I try to view my network files, the
    other message comes up. I ran through the Set up Home Network wireless
    wizard again, to make sure it was ok and didn't seem to have any problems.
    What I want to do is be able to view files created and saved in my Pc from
    my laptop which I have recently acquired in order to be able to work on files
    from elsewhere in the house. Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYWg=?=, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Aloha Norah,

    O.K., and are you using Windows XP as your operating system on both machines?
    Service Pack (SP) 2? Do you have the Windows Firewall or some other firewall
    (Zone Alarm? McAfee? Symantec?) enabled?

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, Jun 1, 2006
  5. I have XP Home on the PC and XP Professional on the laptop. I have Norton on
    the PC and temporarily disenabled Firewall. The PC has Service Pack 2. Not
    sure about the laptop, but I only bought it two weeks ago so it should be
    fairly up to date - it is a Toshiba Satellite Pro. Thank you again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYWg=?=, Jun 2, 2006
  6. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html