    can share files and printer through the wireless adaptor. Please show me
    how I can enable the 3 PCs to share files and printer other than the
    internet sharing. Thanks Gus

    Gus Kong, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Gus Kong

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Gus Kong" <> wrote in
    news:Ctr4d.21446$:

    > Hi All, I have just set up my 3 PCs (one XP and two 98s) for wireless
    > home network with the SpeedStream 6300 wireless modem provided by
    > Sympatico. The Speedstream is hooked up to the XP PC and the 98 PCs
    > each has a wireless adaptor (USB). All 3 PCs can access the internet
    > but only the two PCs (98) can share files and printer through the
    > wireless adaptor. Please show me how I can enable the 3 PCs to share
    > files and printer other than the internet sharing. Thanks Gus

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

    You csn use just MS Client for Networks, MS File and Print Share as the
    services and TCP/IP protocol on all the NIC's (meaning remvove everything
    else but those three being mentioned.)

    That's what I have to allow the wired and wireless machine to share
    resources.

    If you get yourself a print server, then you can connect it to one of the
    router's LAN ports and all the machines can share the printer without it
    being connected to a computer.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=
    206

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Gus Kong

    LiGhTnInG Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "Gus Kong" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi All, I have just set up my 3 PCs (one XP and two 98s) for wireless
    > > home network with the SpeedStream 6300 wireless modem provided by
    > > Sympatico. The Speedstream is hooked up to the XP PC and the 98 PCs
    > > each has a wireless adaptor (USB). All 3 PCs can access the internet
    > > but only the two PCs (98) can share files and printer through the
    > > wireless adaptor. Please show me how I can enable the 3 PCs to share
    > > files and printer other than the internet sharing. Thanks Gus
    > >

    > http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm
    >
    > You csn use just MS Client for Networks, MS File and Print Share as the
    > services and TCP/IP protocol on all the NIC's (meaning remvove everything
    > else but those three being mentioned.)
    >
    > That's what I have to allow the wired and wireless machine to share
    > resources.
    >
    > If you get yourself a print server, then you can connect it to one of the
    > router's LAN ports and all the machines can share the printer without it
    > being connected to a computer.
    >
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=
    > 206
    >

    > Duane :)

    you tried the file and print sharing option on Win XP????????????????

    LiGhTnInG, Sep 23, 2004