    Internet. Laptop is running XP without SP2.

    Also running NIS 2004.

    Appreciate any help anyone can give me.
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kaQ==?=, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Forgot to mention have allowed other computers to share internet connection.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kaQ==?=, Sep 13, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YW5kaQ==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Bridging 802.11 adapter with wired ethernet won't work. Use ICS with these.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 13, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YW5kaQ==?=

    Jack Guest

    USB Access Point??

    You probably mean Wireless USB Client Adaptor.

    You probably have two clients' adaptors and you want to set them to Ad-Hoc
    Wireless Communication (see your Wireless Cards Manual).

    Put temporarily the Internet issue aside. Switch Off ICS, switch Off the
    Firewall, & Antivirus, eliminates Bridging and configure the Wireless Part
    to get a solid connection between the two computers.

    Once you have a solid Wireless connection Switch On ICS and take care of
    the Internet aspect.

    BTW. Setting your Network to regular peer to peer with Wireless Cable/DSL
    might cost a little more but would yield a much better Network, and Internet
    Sharing.

    General Wireless info.

    Wireless - Hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.htm

    Wireless - Extending Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 14, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YW5kaQ==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message news:...
    > USB Access Point??
    > You probably mean Wireless USB Client Adaptor.

    Hmm. really. Another case of garbage in - garbage out?

    --PA
    A Troll.
    Pavel A., Sep 15, 2004