    Any comments would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Mike

    JR Guest

    Hi Mike,
    For more specific information go to
    http://www.xplornet.com

    This is a network called "point to multipoint" meaning
    that it works pretty much like a cellular telephone
    network (one transmitter site and multiple client sites)
    Advantage: you get high speed internet access in your
    home.
    A few pointers:
    - Install an up to date virus scanner on your machine and
    keep it up to date
    - Install a firewall to keep intruders out.

    Enjoy your internet connection !

    The company is
    >Xplornet. It is made by Motorola.I live in Canada.

    Somehow it uses my 10/100
    >ethernet card to create this. It's quite a bit faster

    that dialup.
    >My question is, what are the advantages and

    disadvantages of this system?
    >How exactly does it work? Through satellite? It has a

    Jitter reading in the
    >home page that reads anywhere from 1 -3. Why I don't

    know. 0 is suppose to

    JR, Jul 20, 2004