    time i go to access my settings for the router i get his. I am a dummy when
    it comes to networking. Can someone help me

    J. Trupp

    Joshua Trupp, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Joshua Trupp

    Mr. Phil Guest

    First thing, go to a DOS window and type "IPCONFIG /ALL". Look through the
    list and find the address listed under "Default Gateway". Next, go to your
    browser and enter the gateway IP address in the address bar. You should get
    a prompt asking for your name and password. If you've never set this
    before, consult your routers manual since the default passwords are all
    different depending on the brand. If you're using a Linksys, leave the user
    name blank and try "admin" for the password.

    Once you're in the router, look for a channel setting and change it to a
    different channel. While you're in there, you might want to set up WEP
    encryption, a MAC filter, and a router password, too. (To keep others off
    your network). The MAC address of your ethernet card is listed under the
    IPCONFIG /ALL dialog.

    Hope it helps.

    "Joshua Trupp" <> wrote in message
    > My neighbor recently install a network that is interfering with mine.

    Every

    Mr. Phil, Feb 25, 2004