    computer either.please help this is driving me crazy.
    --
    sheryl

    sheryl, Sep 3, 2008

  2. sheryl

    oz_cast Guest

    1: Do you have a wireless router at home/office?
    2: does your computer(desktop/laptop) have a current wireless connection
    3: Does Xbox come with its own wireless connection or are you installing and
    adapter?

    regards,
    Oz

    oz_cast, Sep 3, 2008

  3. Hi
    Assuming that you have a Wireless Router.
    Maybe this can Help.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 4, 2008
  4. sheryl

    sheryl Guest

    i was trying to use a router which could only connect to 1 computer so need
    to get another 1.how can you tell if your computer has a current wireless
    connection.when i go into control panel it does give you the option to set up
    a wireless network.i have just bought a wireless adapter for the xbox.what
    kind of cable router would be best and is there anything else i would need to
    buy.
    --
    sheryl

    sheryl, Sep 5, 2008
  5. Hi
    If both the computer and the X-Box have Wireless cards all you need is a
    Wireless Router.
    It is really hard to recommend a Router without knowing which Wireless cards
    you have and your expected budget. There are Wireless Routers from $20 up to
    $200 and more.
    This an example for simple Entry level Wireless Router,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156038
    This is an example for a "work horse" Router,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833181218&Tpk=zyxel+550
    If you have Draft-N cards you probably want Draft-N Router.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 6, 2008
  6. sheryl

    sheryl Guest

    i think i am being really stupid here but i really dont have a clue about
    this.is there any way i can find out if my computer allready has a wireless
    card in it or if i need to get 1 myself.i have got windows xp.
    --
    sheryl

    sheryl, Sep 6, 2008
  7. sheryl

    sheryl Guest

    i found device manager but cant see anything there that says wireless.will i
    need to buy a wireless card to go into computer first.i have got a asus
    usb2.0 wlan adapter.would that do instead?
    --
    sheryl

    sheryl, Sep 6, 2008
  8. sheryl

    Lem Guest

    sheryl wrote:
    > i think i am being really stupid here but i really dont have a clue about
    > this.is there any way i can find out if my computer allready has a wireless
    > card in it or if i need to get 1 myself.i have got windows xp.

    Open Device Manager and look. Right-click "My Computer". Select
    Properties. Click "Hardware" tab. Click "Device Manager" button. Scroll
    down to "Network Adapters". Click the + at the left of the entry. What's
    there?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Sep 6, 2008
  9. Hi
    The Asus USB Wireless should be good.
    If there is No Wireless network card in the Device Manger then it means that
    the card is Not installed at all, or it is not installed correctly.
    Usually it would look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/example/dm_ok.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 6, 2008
  10. sheryl

    sheryl Guest

    i must not have a wireless card.all it says is intel(R)PRO/100VE Network
    Connection.that is good if the asus adapter will work.i will use that instead
    once i get a proper router.thanx for all your help.
    --
    sheryl

    sheryl, Sep 8, 2008
  11. sheryl