Wireless gurus??? Check out this!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Wayne Boxall, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Wayne Boxall

    Wayne Boxall Guest

    A real weird thing (read VERY frustrating!) happened the other day. I can no
    longer get an IP address from my wireless router on my IBM Thinkpad T40p. I
    can get an
    address two other ways:

    1) Set a fixed IP address.
    2) And this is weird. Plug in a wired link to the router and then I get an
    IP address for the wired card and the wireless card.

    On my T40 (not t40p) it connects flawlessly everytime.

    I have the latest IBM Access Conn and Wireless drivers. I have tried it with
    and
    without wireless Zero Config. The only thing I can thing that has changed is
    that I tried to configure the bluetooth card.

    I have also tried system restore and had no luck getting it to work.

    The error message from Access Connections:
    Connection Status: Disconnected
    Cause: Authentication Failed.
    Error Code: 304
    Recommended Action: Authentication to the wireless network specified in
    this profile failed. Contact your network administrator.

    If the problem persists, contact your network administrator and provide the
    troubleshooting information below.
    I have tried it with and without WEP and it makes no difference. The error
    above is simply wrong.
    Wayne Boxall, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Wayne Boxall

    mike Guest

    try a new user with admin rights
    sounds like a screwed profile

    mike

    "Wayne Boxall" <> wrote in message
    > A real weird thing (read VERY frustrating!) happened the other day. I can

    no
    > longer get an IP address from my wireless router on my IBM Thinkpad T40p.

    > can get an
    > address two other ways:
    >
    > 1) Set a fixed IP address.
    > 2) And this is weird. Plug in a wired link to the router and then I get an
    > IP address for the wired card and the wireless card.
    >
    > On my T40 (not t40p) it connects flawlessly everytime.
    >
    > I have the latest IBM Access Conn and Wireless drivers. I have tried it

    with
    > and
    > without wireless Zero Config. The only thing I can thing that has changed

    is
    > that I tried to configure the bluetooth card.
    >
    > I have also tried system restore and had no luck getting it to work.
    >
    > The error message from Access Connections:
    > Connection Status: Disconnected
    > Cause: Authentication Failed.
    > Error Code: 304
    > Recommended Action: Authentication to the wireless network specified in
    > this profile failed. Contact your network administrator.
    >
    > If the problem persists, contact your network administrator and provide

    the
    > troubleshooting information below.
    > I have tried it with and without WEP and it makes no difference. The error
    > above is simply wrong.

    ---
    mike, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Wayne Boxall

    William B. Guest

    it's a lot easier if you just reset your wireless router to
    default. clear settings of your wireless cards and restart
    wireless zero configuration. in short, rebuild your WLAN
    from scratch. once you're done it 2 or 3 times, it becomes
    very easy.

    19/06/2004

    William B., Jun 22, 2004