    chuck another machine onto the network, all of those machines are wired
    network

    Any help apprecieated
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    > are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >
    > Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at
    >
    > I was just going to go for the good old linksys.. but im wondering if i
    > need to go higher then just 54mbps
    >
    > There is only going to be two machines, One main machine and a
    > fileserver, I do need option for wired network aswell as i quite often
    > chuck another machine onto the network, all of those machines are wired
    > network
    >
    > Any help apprecieated

    It actually appears that i was blind... ascent list alot that support
    108Mbps

    awesome
    Andrew, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Muzza Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    > are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >
    > Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at
    >
    > I was just going to go for the good old linksys.. but im wondering if i
    > need to go higher then just 54mbps
    >
    > There is only going to be two machines, One main machine and a
    > fileserver, I do need option for wired network aswell as i quite often
    > chuck another machine onto the network, all of those machines are wired
    > network
    >
    > Any help apprecieated

    Netgear have support for 108mbps, I have had Netgear Wireless
    Router/Switch since the beginning of the year.
    Muzza, Oct 1, 2005
  4. In article <NOk%e.15381$>,
    Andrew <> wrote:

    >Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    >are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps

    This month's PC Authority gives its top score to the Belkin Wireless
    Pre-N, and a "recommended" rating to the DrayTek Vigor2600VG.

    There's also a feature article on the state of wireless technology. Grab
    a copy from your local newsagents to find out more.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Andrew

    bob Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    > are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >
    > Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at
    >
    > I was just going to go for the good old linksys.. but im wondering if i
    > need to go higher then just 54mbps
    >
    > There is only going to be two machines, One main machine and a
    > fileserver, I do need option for wired network aswell as i quite often
    > chuck another machine onto the network, all of those machines are wired
    > network
    >
    > Any help apprecieated

    After going through and dumping two crap Linksys WAG54G
    router/modems/accesspoints.... I brought Dlink.. and haven't
    had any of the same connectivity problems I had with the Linksys.
    I've been recommending Dlink ever since.. and my friends have
    all brought DLink and I haven't heard of any problems.. I think Dlink
    is fine.. the only small thing I don't like is the user interfaces for
    their setup webpages.. but thats not important.. reliability is.
    bob, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Andrew

    -=rjh=- Guest

    bob wrote:
    > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    >>are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >>
    >>Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at
    >>
    >>I was just going to go for the good old linksys.. but im wondering if i
    >>need to go higher then just 54mbps
    >>
    >>There is only going to be two machines, One main machine and a
    >>fileserver, I do need option for wired network aswell as i quite often
    >>chuck another machine onto the network, all of those machines are wired
    >>network
    >>
    >>Any help apprecieated

    > After going through and dumping two crap Linksys WAG54G
    > router/modems/accesspoints.... I brought Dlink.. and haven't
    > had any of the same connectivity problems I had with the Linksys.
    > I've been recommending Dlink ever since.. and my friends have
    > all brought DLink and I haven't heard of any problems.. I think Dlink
    > is fine.. the only small thing I don't like is the user interfaces for
    > their setup webpages.. but thats not important.. reliability is.

    My experience is opposite to yours - I returned my D-Link DWL-2000AP+
    after almost a year when it started giving problems; it needed resetting
    every few hours to stay functional. It worked just fine for the first
    few months, and it was bloody hard convincing D-Link there was a
    problem. I have a friend whose D-Link (different model) has just started
    giving problems. The problem I had was googleable.

    I like the Linksys WRT54G I replaced it with, that has run absolutely
    fine for the last few months.

    So, YMMV but I recommend the D-Link DWL-2000AP+ to *nobody*. And the
    Linksys WRT54G is fine - at least there is no shortage of firmware for it.

    I guess that you really have to identify which particular model is being
    discussed, you can't say all D-Link or all Linksys is crap.
    -=rjh=-, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Andrew

    Rob J Guest

    In article <NOk%e.15381$>,
    says...
    > Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    > are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >
    > Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at

    SMC do some 108Mbps gear IIRC.
    Rob J, Oct 1, 2005
  8. Andrew

    Richard Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    > are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >
    > Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at

    You do realise that to get the quoted speeds you have to virtually be sitting
    ontop of the router eh?
    Richard, Oct 2, 2005
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <NOk%e.15381$>,
    > Andrew <> wrote:
    >

    >>Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far they
    >>are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps

    > This month's PC Authority gives its top score to the Belkin Wireless
    > Pre-N, and a "recommended" rating to the DrayTek Vigor2600VG.

    I can vouch for the Belkin Wireless Pre-N Routers too
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...=&Section_Id=202570&pcount=&Product_Id=184316
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 4, 2005
  10. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    >> Im looking at wireless gear, Im not a big fan of dlink, But so far
    >> they are the only ones i can find that supports 108Mbps
    >>
    >> Is there any others that do support 108mbps thats worth looking at

    > You do realise that to get the quoted speeds you have to virtually be
    > sitting ontop of the router eh?

    hehe yea, its not going far.. just to the next room, Moving house and i
    dont want to run wires through it, Where i am doesnt matter as
    everything goes from the lounge down through the floor into the garage
    then up to where it needs to go..

    new house is single level... just need to get the network to the room
    next door to stream video via network

    54mbit might be fine for it.. but would rather have a little leway just
    in case as ive never touched wireless before
    Andrew, Oct 4, 2005