  1. Can an 802.11g client establish a connection @ 5Ghz ? I havn't been able to
    get my G client using anthing but 2.4Ghz

    Is 5Ghz available entirely to 802.11n clients?

    Patrick Whittle, Jul 2, 2009

  2. Patrick Whittle

    Lem Guest

    Patrick Whittle wrote:
    > Can an 802.11g client establish a connection @ 5Ghz ?

    No.

    I havn't been
    > able to get my G client using anthing but 2.4Ghz

    Correct.

    > Is 5Ghz available entirely to 802.11n clients?

    No.

    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11g#Comparison_chart (which isn't
    to say that devices *other* than wireless network equipment don't use
    either the 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz bands; they do).
    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago this month:

    Lem, Jul 2, 2009

  3. Patrick Whittle

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    802.11g is by definition a 2.4GHz standard.
    802.11a is the 5 GHz Standard.
    Some (more expensive) Wireless Routers, and or, Wireless cards, can be Dual
    802.11b/g/a
    You always need a matching pair. I.a., if your Wireless Router is
    802.11b/go/a, and the card in you computer is only 802.11b/g, it would not
    be able to use the 5 GHz part of the Router, it would work only with the 2.4
    GHz part.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack-MVP, Jul 3, 2009