    card) does not seem to recognize a wireless connection. What would be
    the problem here? Thanks in advance, I know I shouldn't be unplugging
    things, but oh well, right?
    mrharrymason, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Go to the router configuration page and check to see if the wireless
    was turned OFF on the router... Also, on your laptop, can you
    actually see a signal (using Site Monitor or other support functions
    of your client wireless card)?
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

    Jeffrey Randow (MVP), Jul 10, 2005

  3. mrharrymason

    Friendly Guest

    If you are not displaying any available networks do these things; Make sure
    ssid broadcast is ON (default setting) Repair the connection, locate the
    wireless card in the device manager and delete the profile, restart your
    computer. let xp reinstall the drivers. if none of that works try the laptop
    at some place with a guaranteed functional wireless connection (ie airport
    or cafe) to identify the problem further, (router or wireless adapter)

    tell me if it works?

    Friendly, Jul 11, 2005
  4. mrharrymason

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Ive got Linksys wireless-g. The wireless was on by default for me, go to
    http://192.168.1.1/ and see if yours is.
    Graham Birtchnell, Jul 14, 2005