    wireless doesn't become available till after windows is fully up and running.
    I've tried using the intel Proset manager that did nothing I've tried the
    windows wireless manager and also didn't fix my problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    I don't use windows server 2003 so perhaps I'm missing something, but I
    don't really see a problem. Yes a wireless connection will take longer to
    make than a wired connection, and will also end before a wired connection.
    In my Intel ProSet utilities there is an option to make a wireless
    connection during the booting process, this begins the making of the
    wireless connection a little earlier, but there is more involved in making a
    wireless connection, as both devices figure out what security to use and
    what speed to use.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Hi
    Your description as is does not indicate any problem.
    Wire light might come on and off just by plugging or unplugging the wire,
    and does not indicate the actual Status of the connection. The wireless
    light might come On only when Windows is in advance stages of Booting.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 7, 2006
  4. The real problem is that the laptop will not connect to the domain on the
    wireless because of the delay in getting the wireless up and running under
    windows. so i want to know how do i go about getting the wireless service to
    start sooner in windows so that when the logon screen appears the wireless is
    up and running.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 16, 2006