    broadband router is better for security and transmitting distance?
    --
    Bill
    Bill, May 27, 2008

  2. Bill

    Barb Bowman Guest

    there are lots of good ones out there. everyone makes a good,
    better, best wireless router. $$ vary according to features. all
    current products should offer WPA2 security and a SPI firewall. I
    don't think that you will find a huge variance in distance either.

    For a G router, I like the D-Link DGL4300. for N, I like the DLink
    DGL 4500. I've got the equivalent Netgear versions here as well and
    they are just as good in terms of distance and security, but I like
    the user interface on DLink..

    $On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:11:07 -0700, Bill
    <> wrote:

    >I am just starting to look at possibly going wireless and was wondering which
    >broadband router is better for security and transmitting distance?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    Barb Bowman, May 28, 2008

  3. Bill

    Nobody Guest

    I just got a Netgear for using the G stuff, pretty cheap and good coverage
    in our house.

    Nobody, May 28, 2008