    connectivity is great, but have been unable to share files and printer. It
    will not "show" my main computer under "network places." (be easy, i'm new
    to this :)

    =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24=?=, Oct 18, 2004

  2. You might want to check with the Wireless Access Point manual for additional
    information on how to enable file and printer sharing on the access point.
    (Some AP's have that disabled by default)
    The item might show as "Allow computer to view / communicate on the network"
    or something similar

    rights.

    Sam Salhi [MSFT], Oct 18, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Wireless is a mere replacement to wire.

    File and Printer Sharing is a function of Windows Network settings.

    Some APs might be set to block LAN traffic and be used for Internet only,
    but it is very unusual to be the default setting.

    Strong signal does not mean that you have actual Wireless Network
    connection. You have to make sure that you have a connection and that
    Windows File and Printer Sharing is set correctly.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    File Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).