    frank Guest

    to u experts out there is there anyway to send fax using wireless
    internet.dont send me to those pay sites.
    frank, Jul 20, 2009

  2. frank

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 20, 3:47 pm, frank <> wrote:
    > to u experts out there is there anyway to send fax using wireless
    > internet.dont send me to those pay sites.

    There is no difference using an Internet faxing service wither with a
    "wired" or wireless access to the Internet. As long as the service is
    "connected" to your PC, the fax should send / receive.
    smlunatick, Jul 20, 2009

  3. frank

    frank Guest

    frank, Jul 20, 2009
  4. frank

    John Guest

    "frank" <> wrote in message

    > "smlunatick" wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 20, 3:47 pm, frank <> wrote:
    >> > to u experts out there is there anyway to send fax using wireless
    >> > internet.dont send me to those pay sites.

    >> There is no difference using an Internet faxing service wither with a
    >> "wired" or wireless access to the Internet. As long as the service is
    >> "connected" to your PC, the fax should send / receive.
    >> u are totally wrong .

    no, you're wrong and smlunatick is right.

    >> i used to use dial up internet and use fax with no problem.

    that's because you send fax thru your conventional modem + phone line

    >> now xp cant find the modem ,because is is none attached to the laptop.
    >> if u can tell me how to make my laptop see a modem that dont exits
    >> i send u to the moon on the next launch of space ship.

    use the money to buy a modem or use internet fax service (not free)
    John, Jul 20, 2009
  5. frank

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 20, 5:51 pm, frank <> wrote:
    > "smlunatick" wrote:
    > > On Jul 20, 3:47 pm, frank <> wrote:
    > > > to u experts out there is there anyway to send fax using wireless
    > > > internet.dont send me to those pay sites.

    > > There is no difference using an Internet faxing service wither with a
    > > "wired" or wireless access to the Internet.  As long as the service is
    > > "connected" to your PC, the fax should send / receive.
    > >  u are totally wrong .i used to use dial up internet and use fax with no problem.now xp cant find the modem ,because is is none attached to the laptop.if u can tell me how to make my laptop see a modem that dont exits ,i send u to the moon on the next launch of space ship.

    frank,

    You have asked how to send faxes via wireless Internet. You need to
    specify what your are trying to since wireless Internet tends to mean
    you have a "high" speed constant Internet connection. Dial-up
    Internet is classified as "low" speed on-demand Internet access. Both
    dial-up Internet and Windows Fax can not work at the same time, unless
    you have two dial-up modems and two telephone lines.

    Since you switched over from dial-up Internet, check in Device Manager
    and see if the "dial-up" modem is still listed. Most of the times,
    which "people" switch over from dial-up Internet, the standard
    "analog" dial-up might be removed from the PC.
    smlunatick, Jul 20, 2009
  6. Hi
    Keep searching but I doubt that you would find one.
    Pure Fax uses different protocols than common Networks.
    That is why most people need to use the online service. Basically you send
    the document in regular Internet compatible protocols, and the service has
    special hardware/software systems that infuse it to the Telephone system.
    Unless an ISP installs this special hardware, Fax will not go through.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jul 20, 2009